Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Samurai two Pack

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    OK.. I toally ripped this off from Spawn.com where a boarder from Malaysia got the set.

    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQC*AqwTooziY5I*5bWO2HoetL4L*voL2yxHtdNg57HoYmYE8 2vDpAVP20vgXkl3gAnkFj9iYPpav1onp34doHvPAiCuk*wQcyE VJDg58q8/samurai.jpg?dc=4675454638703827327[/img]

    What do you all think about it? The Samurai line is one of my all time favorites and I've wanted the Archer to complete it for years. I'm pretty happy with it. I wasn't expecting major changes to the figures. I also suspect that the figs will look better than these pics.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Drau's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    5,789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you think it's true that these will be available via the CC later?

    I cant wait to get both two-packs!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TORMENTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,804
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I agree,Other than MSG2,Samurai Wars was the very first COMPLETE series I bought.I have many older Spawn seriesnow complete,but I went and got ALL those immediatlly.One of their best lines EVER!!

    Yes,That Archer will be mine!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Genetic Disposition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2004
    Posts
    666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Frankly, I at this point, I am more intersted in the Samurai Spawn Repaint than the Archer, but I am DYING to get this! The regular Samurai Spawn graces the top of my iMac (where I am posting this). He seems a bit dingy up there & could use a splash of color. I really like the way the repaint looks. Series 19 was always my fave Spawn line too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Same as Figment for me~

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I repainted most of that line. Actually one of the few repaints I've tried. I always thought that there was too much detail for them to be so, well 'brown'

    repaint2?dc4675375478941094728

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Genetic Disposition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2004
    Posts
    666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wanted to, but could never come up with an appropriate color scheme. Steve told me they repainted a set of figs & sent them to AZ, but todd nixed the idea of doing a repaint set...

    the only figs I ever repainted were tortured souls 2. those were the worst McF paint apps EVER...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TORMENTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    1,804
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    HOT DAMN! That's beeeuuuttteeful John!!!!
    Very nicely done!!!! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img]

    the only figs I ever repainted were tortured souls 2. those were the worst McF paint apps EVER...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree,I never bought ONE!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 07, 2004 10:06 PM: Message edited by: TORMENTER ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sculpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    8,165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have you got any pics, Figgy? The only thing I painted from that was making Moribundi's mask white.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Genetic Disposition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2004
    Posts
    666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had a bunch of pics that I posted on the Spawn board, but since I swiched to OS X on my mac, I can't find them. Basically what I did was add more flesh tone detail to Moribundi (I painted his mask white as well). I did the same to Camille (and also added a chain cape to her) & gave Feverish a more mottled look. I also did a bit of black ink airbrush treatment to all of them to give them some grime. black fingernails & a few carefully placed drops of blood add a world of good. I also made Scythemeister a bit more bloody on the head region...

    I can take some more pics if ya wanna see. it may take a few days though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •